Congratulations to Hugh. Click here to see the cartoon and caption.
Judges special mention to Troy
It was so tough for the judges this month, they needed to make special mention to this entry from Troy
- Being the subject of the caption competition once again had Bill and Ben in a lather.
Runners up (all in no particular order):
- Bubbles, bubbles everywhere, but not a drop to drink – yet. (Michelle)
- Meet Bill and Ben Bubbles, alien equivalent to glass half-full vs. glass half-empty mentality. (Crubin)
- “Tiny bubbles….in the wine….” (Bob T Panda)
- Ben…. did you clip your nails this morning ? (Mark from Ozrma)
- What goes up must….. ( Harold)
…And all the other submissions (all in no particular order):
- Neil didn’t say it was this dangerous. (Mark)
- Space Travel really is a delicate pastime. (Mark)
- Bill and Ben were having a good time, then the bubble burst. (Troy)
- Whatever you do don’t throw stones. (Harold)
- The world looks a much bigger place from here. (Harold)
- Owing to a tendency towards stellar dyslexia intrepid reporters Bill and Ben weren’t sure whether they were investigating “nuclear deterrent”or “unclear detergent”. (Hugh)
- As real estate bubbles go Bill and Ben were unimpressed so far. (Hugh)
- Heck no Ben-its “double, double, toil and trouble” (Hugh)
- “‘ere Bill- its not only NASA that can be surprised by giant bubbles” (Reference: 14 Jun 2011 – A pair of NASA spacecraft on a decades-long journey in deep space have found a “big surprise”: Giant magnetic bubbles churning near the …”) (Hugh)
Competition #4: Create a cartoon caption for the Bill and Ben (the little green alien men) cartoon below
Prize: Printed copy of the cartoon, hand signed, with your winning caption.
Start date: 1 May 2012.
Close date: 31 May 2012 17:00hrs (UCT +10hrs). Winner will be announced on the website on 8 June 2012.
- You can enter as many times as you want (wow that’s cool, tell me more)
- No submissions after the close date will be accepted (better get cracking then)
- You must be a subscriber to the site to enter (yes, there’s always a catch, but you can always unsubscribe once you’ve won! and subscribing is FREE)
- In the event you are the lucky winner, I will initially notify you offline by email (that’s why you need to subscribe, so I have your email). If you want the prize sent out to you, you’ll have to provide me with a postal address. If you have a blog or business website you wish me to refer to in the winning announcement, you can then also provide me with the link details.
- Don’t panic if you submit a joke and you don’t see it appear on this page. I will be collating them in the background and publish all suitable (see #6) jokes when the winner is announced. After all, you don’t want someone to steal your idea, finesse it and then win instead of you. To get a feel for your chances, I will be regularly updating the number of submissions received below.
- The joke needs to be classified G / PG. Although I might have fun reading X, I won’t be publishing them.
- Judges decision will be final. In the event of a tie break, don’t worry, we have 3 judges. This panel consists of Marti, Bill and Ben the little green alien men.