Congratulations to GD from GD Konstantine’s blog Click here to see the cartoon and caption.
Special mention to the runners up (all in no particular order):
- Just inside the box (William)
- Bill and Ben had misunderstood the need for keeping Little Creatures cold (Hugh) (For those not in the know, ‘Little Creatures’ is a brand of beer which is sitting in the fridge photo)
- Bill and Ben trying out the latest beauty craze. “Bill, I feel like this has dramatically slowed down my ageing process. I will be fresh for at least another week.” (CJ Delling http://cjdelling.wordpress.com/)
- Ben, you’ve got the co-ordinates wrong again (Harold)
- OK, she’s noticed you’ve got her coin now…. alright, she’s coming closer….right now, quick, put it in that box of bacon and we’ll see if she gets the hint. (Simon)
- Who said there was no food at the top of Mt Westinghouse? (Mark from http://ozrma.com/ )
- And this one from Jim, whocreativelyadapted my cartoon to produce this card
…And all the other submissions (all in no particular order):
- Can’t see those pesky ice trolls anywhere? (Mark)
- Eating up your greens just took on a whole new dimension! (Hugh)
- Unlike the kids Bill and Ben found the vegetables cool (Hugh)
- Interplanetary astrophysicists Bill and Ben were momentarily non-plussed when they found out moving to a higher level in this dimension was merely a transition from broccoli to chorizo (Hugh)
- Aliens, Alioli………………damn can’t you just use a spell checker (Hugh)
- The lads said find somewhere cool, Looks like you’ve got money, and the girls should come running. Trouble is, all I can see is a sleeping goldie. (Simon)
- But the computer said Australia is hot (Harold)
- Bill and Ben’s exploration of the upper reaches of Fridgeworld were hampered only by the intermittent periods of daylight associated with short bursts of climactic warming before the long winter darkness resumed. (Hugh)
- Beyond shelf life there is another world! (Hugh)
- Bill and Ben found their interplanetary translator very confused between “on the shelf” and “off the shelf”. The locals weren’t much more helpful. (Hugh)
Competition #2: Create a cartoon caption for the Bill and Ben (the little green alien men) cartoon below
Prize: Printed copy of the cartoon, hand signed, with your winning caption.
Start date: 1 March 2012.
Close date: 31 March 2012 17:00hrs (UCT +11hrs). Winner will be announced on the website on 6 April 2012.
- You can enter as many times as you want (wow that’s cool, tell me more)
- No submissions after the close date will be accepted (better get cracking then)
- You must be a subscriber to the site to enter (yes, there’s always a catch, but you can always unsubscribe once you’ve won! and subscribing is FREE)
- In the event you are the lucky winner, I will initially notify you offline by email (that’s why you need to subscribe, so I have your email). If you want the prize sent out to you, you’ll have to provide me with a postal address. If you have a blog or business website you wish me to refer to in the winning announcement, you can then also provide me with the link details.
- Don’t panic if you submit a joke and you don’t see it appear on this page. I will be collating them in the background and publish all suitable (see #6) jokes when the winner is announced. After all, you don’t want someone to steal your idea, finesse it and then win instead of you. To get a feel for your chances, I will be regularly updating the number of submissions received below.
- The joke needs to be classified G / PG. Although I might have fun reading X, I won’t be publishing them.
- Judges decision will be final. In the event of a tie break, don’t worry, we have 3 judges. This panel consists of Marti, Bill and Ben the little green alien men.