1st Book: The long roll home
Doug the Dung Beetle’s first book – The long roll home
Doug is a roller dung beetle and he loves to roll dung.
No matter what the weather is like. No matter how high the mountain. No matter what obstacle may come his way, he will roll and roll until he makes it home.
Unless, maybe, the obstacle is a dung beetle eating lizard.
- Amazon – Amazon.com Amazon.uk.com
- iBook Store – Click here to view. As a bonus, the Apple version comes with some interactive, multitouch games to play.
Book Excerpt slideshow
Here’s what people have said about the book
- ‘Have been following the cartoon strip for a while and have been waiting for the picture book. Worth the wait, looks brilliant on iPad and can’t wait for more from this author/illustrator.’
- ‘Wonderful illustration, story, message and it’s fun as well! When will we see more of Doug?’
- ‘I downloaded this book for my 7-year-old nephew whom I recently visited. We had so much fun reading through it together on my iPad. The drawings are wonderful–so full of color–and the story is hilarious. What kid doesn’t love a story about poo? Plus, at the end of the book, there were interactive games for him to play. He had a great time with them. This is a wonderful children’s book that adults will love reading, too. I highly recommend it!’
And from the mouth of a young reader
- Jack (4 yr old) ‘So, you’re telling me Doug actually eats poo?
- Adult ‘Yep, that’s what dung beetles do’
- Jack ‘Cool!’
Oh, and if you like the book, why not write a review? As you can imagine, for a newbie into this game, every bit of favourable metadata pointing my way helps!
To find out more about Doug and his latest antics, subscribe to my newsletter too! I offer pre-book release promotions only through this subscription.