Pink cartoon and the white elephantPosted: October 1, 2012
October is breast cancer awareness month and in support of this worthy cause I’ve gone pink here at Just Outside the Box.
Did you know that:
- 1 in 9 women in Australia will be diagnosed with breast cancer during their life
- Every day 30 women in Australia discover they have breast cancer
- Over half of the detections are made by wither the women themselves or their doctor
- Early detection helps save lives – the earlier the treatment, the more likely it is to succeed
- Breast screening is recommended every 2 years for women aged 50 – 69
So, this month, when you pass someone selling pink ribbons in support of breast cancer research, dig deep and support this worthy cause.
Any other cartoonists interested in going pink with me this month?
I got the idea when I discovered the www.comicssgopink.com website. In 2010, King Features cartoonists showed their support for breast cancer awareness by posting a pink cartoon on 10 October. I thought it was such a great idea, that it should be done again. If you draw cartoons and want to participate see the attached pink ribbon below for you to download and place on your pink cartoon. Hey, and let me know, so I can visit your website.