Just a drop in the oceanPosted: April 26, 2012
Ever had a feeling of deja vu? Well, maybe you’ll get this feeling if you decide to continue reading. Below is the final version (not the Draft I inadvertently sent out last week!)
It is with excitement that I graciously accept the Awesome Blog Content (ABC) blogger award, kindly bestowed upon me by Crubin from The Write Transition. As per the rules, I need to describe myself using every letter in the alphabet, then pass on the award onto at least another 6 bloggers.
- A – Angelic
- B – Beautiful
- C – Caring
- D – Don’t believe all that you read, especially the above
- E – Engineer – mechanical discipline
- F – Fascinated with all things scientific, weird and unusual
- G – Grateful to receive this award
- H – Half cup full – most of the time
- I – Industrial design degree. Prior to getting my engineering degree, I got one in Industrial design. I think this is why people see me as a frustrated engineer – always trying to address form (and colour) prior to function.
- J – Just outside the box in my cartooning, as in, not too far outside
- K – Klever (hey, I’m en engineer, I can’t spell)
- L – Like receiving lots of ‘likes’ on my blog and Facebook page. Thanks for your support!
- M – Mum of 2 kids
- N – Never give up
- O – Over 30, just 😉
- P – Pink, my favourite colour at the moment
- Q – Quite difficult to think of anything else to say, but here goes
- R – Really good at not giving up and persevering not matter what
- S – Snails. As a child my sister caught me ‘eating’ a garden snail. In my defence, I still protest to this day that her evidence is purely circumstantial. Yes, I was sitting amongst cluster of garden snails. Yes, I had one in my hand. Yes, there was a slight slobbery gleam drooling from my mouth. But No, no one saw a snail in my mouth.
- T – Terrible singer
- U – Urban city slicker
- V – Very grateful that there are only 4 more letters left in the alphabet
- W – Walking the dogs with the kids is one of the great enjoyments in my life
- X – X-rayed twice as a child for fractured bones
- Y – Yellow makes me look sickly
- Z – Zumba. I love taking Zumba classes and dancing around like a girlie.
And as part of the tradition, I now bestow upon the following 6 bloggers the ABC blogger award.
- The Blog of Funny names where unusual names are celebrated for their uniqueness
- Wrong Hands, a delightful one panel cartoon blog
- GD Konstantine’s blog capturing thoughts, photos, reviews and links
- CJDelling a German Comedian with a cartoon blog. You would think this an oxymoron, but I saw her last Sunday perform live and she was great
- Therapy Tales is a cartoon blog about ‘avoiding eye contact’. You’ll get the tagline, when you see the pictures.
- The Owl and the Pussy Cat is a cartoon series about the beloved animals from the famous Edward Lear poem. Unlike the poem, they are 21st century and get up to all sorts of modern-day antics