Ring, ring. Anyone home?Posted: March 16, 2012
And a few facts about Mr Alexander Graham Bell you may not be familiar with:
- Alexander Bell was born Scotland 1847. At the age of ten he asked his father to give him a middle name (like his brothers). On his 11th birthday he had a birthday ceremony and was given the middle name of Graham (chosen in honour of a family friend called Alexander Graham).
- He was a founding member of the National Geographic Society
- Before inventing the telephone, his career was following his father’s footsteps as a teacher of the deaf
- Ironically, Bell never had a telephone in his study
- Bell died in 1922 and at the end of his funeral service, all the telephones in North America were silenced in remembrance of the great man.